October 24, 2020
TOUR DE CURE IS NOW VIRTUAL
The safety and health of people living with diabetes, their families, our supporters and volunteers are our #1 priority. With that in mind, we have decided to host our Tour de Cure® event VIRTUALLY.
The American Diabetes Association® (ADA) continues to monitor the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). We are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and other health authorities and have decided to change ALL events nationwide to virtual events to include the 2020 Tour de Cure: North Texas on 10/24/2020. We will not hold our event at Panther Island Pavilion.
Even though we won’t be hosting a traditional event, our virtual event will be a chance for you to participate with other people in our community – keeping safe distancing rules in place, of course. Prior to event day, we will have fun and engaging ways to connect to our community of supporters.
HOW TO BE A PART OF A VIRTUAL EVENT
- Ride, Run or Walk in your neighborhood or at home. Walk or Run: around your neighborhood or in place at home. Ride: locally or on a stationary bike. Complete your intended distance and proudly wear red to represent the ADA! Please follow your local social distance ordinances to stay safe.
- Share Your Why. Post on your social network WHY you are participating. Are you participating in honor or memory of someone? Are you running, walking or riding to encourage others to live a healthy lifestyle? It’s powerful and encouraging – please share a picture, a post or a video using the hashtag #VirtualTourdeCure2020.
- Track and Share Your Progress. As you train for the Tour de Cure, share your progress on Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram by sharing a live video and pictures. Post your fundraising goal and a link to your fundraising page, too.
- Join Our Community! We encourage you to join our Community Facebook Group for all Tour de Cure participants and supporters to stay connected and enjoy our virtual experience together!
- Raise More to Raise Mission. More than ever people living with diabetes need our support. Please continue to ask friends and family for donations to support our mission and consider making a personal donation if you are able. Access your Participant Center to get started.
The finish line may be different this year, but our mission is unwavering.